- Sense of unity and connectedness
- Sense of sacredness
- Transcendence of time and space
- Objectivity and reality
- Deeply felt positive mood
- Professed ineffability
- Subsequent positive changes in attitude and behavior.
Characteristics of the Journey:
- Increase in associative thinking, creative thinking, and problem solving
- Increased mental flexibility and new thought patterns
- Closed and open-eyed visuals
- Sense of openness
- Feelings of interconnectedness with people, the world, and or universe at large.
- Transcendence of space and time
- Profound of euphoria, joy, or awe
- Mystical / spiritual experiences: experience of death or rebirth, out of body experience, coming into contact with deity’s, visionaries or other spiritual figures.
- Feelings of relief, wholeness, freedom, and affirmation.
- Ego dissolution
- Reduced body awareness and spatial location
- No sense of time
- Impaired cognition, lack of focus
- The full spectrum of emotions
- Mild elevation of blood pressure, heart rate, and body temperature.
- Dilated pupils, impaired movement coordination.
- Intense feelings of paranoia or that something is wrong.
- Thought loops often referred to as mental looping.
- Reliving traumatic or difficult memories.
- Ego dissolution.
- A sense that one is dying and or is being reborn.
- Vomiting, sometimes viewed as the purging negative emotions, memories or experiences.
- Intense negative emotions such as anxiety or fear leading to overwhelm and panic.
- Transient dizziness, nausea, vomiting